How do I register for College for Seniors courses?
Register online and pay with a credit card. Visit our online registration system, login, click on Registration and follow directions. Detailed registration instructions are available at the back of each term’s catalog. If you need assistance with registration, come into the OLLI office.
- You must be an OLLI member to register for CFS. If you are not a current member, put the OLLI membership into your cart first. To see if you are already a current OLLI membership, click Account.
- Before selecting your CFS courses, put the CFS tuition fee into your cart.
When are the terms?
Please note that these dates are subject to change.
- Catalog available May 6, 2022
- Priority registration May 11-18, 2022
- Term dates June 13-July 25, 2022
- Catalog available August 3, 2022
- Priority registration August 9-16, 2022
- Term dates September 19-November 19, 2022
- Catalog available October 31, 2022
- Priority registration November 7-14, 2022
- Term dates January 9-February 20, 2023
- Catalog available February 13, 2023
- Priority registration February 20-27, 2023
- Term dates March 27-May 19, 2023
- Catalog available May 1, 2023
- Priority registration May 8-15, 2023
- Term dates June 12-July 18, 2023
Which courses are offered?
Each term offers a spectrum of courses ranging from world history to yoga to silent films and more. Access current course listings and descriptions in our online catalog.
How much does CFS cost?
- $115 Fall term (eight weeks)
- $90 Winter term (six weeks)
- $115 Spring term (eight weeks)
- $75 Summer term (six weeks)
This fee structure is based on courses offered in-person on the UNC Asheville campus, in-person at approved offsite locations and online.
Which payment methods are accepted?
Our online registration system accepts credit cards. Also, participants may pay by cash or check in the OLLI office.
Is financial assistance available?
Scholarships are available to partially cover CFS term fees; the annual OLLI membership fee is the member’s responsibility. To request a scholarship, visit our Forms page to submit the scholarship form by the published deadline. For additional information, email us or call 828.251.6140.
How many courses may I take?
OLLI members may request and be registered for up to three courses per term during the priority registration period. During the Add/Drop period and through the first week of classes, you may add as many more courses as fit into your schedule.
Do I have to register in person?
No. You may register online from any internet-connected computer and use a credit card for payment. See “How do I register for College for Seniors courses” above.
What are CFS guest passes?
A guest pass to visit a CFS class session may be issued for non-OLLI members if:
- Someone is visiting in order to get to know more about OLLI Asheville and CFS, OR
- Out-of-town guests or family members of OLLI members are visiting OLLI for the day.
Guest passes are not issued for OLLI members to attend a CFS course in which they are not registered, health and fitness courses that have a course fee, nor the first session of a course.
Visit our Forms page to request a CFS guest pass. Requests for guest passes must be submitted via the online form at least two business days before the requested class session.
How do I teach a CFS course?
At the heart of CFS are dedicated volunteer instructors. While many instructors are retired academics, others with no formal teaching background have successfully facilitated learning experiences centered on their areas of passion, interest or expertise. Read more about teaching for College for Seniors, or visit our Forms page to get started with your course proposal.
CFS and Woodfin YMCA partnership for fitness
CFS has maintained a health and fitness partnership with the Woodfin YMCA and Mission Pardee Health Campus YMCA in Arden through which CFS offers a variety of fitness courses at the YMCA. While membership in the YMCA is not required to take CFS courses at the YMCA, the CFS participant activities fee is lower for OLLI members who are also members of the YMCA.
OLLI plans to resume this partnership when the public-health situation allows.
Have other questions about CFS?
Email us, or call 828.251.6140.