OLLI offers a wide range of programs, organized by our staff, volunteers and community partners, to engage with our members and community.
- The College for Seniors was established in 1988. With full access to the resources of UNC Asheville, OLLI members come to feed their minds and nourish their spirits through four-, six- and eight week courses spread over 11 curriculum areas.
- Leadership Asheville Seniors—a learning and civic engagement program planned and led by its graduates and community members—provides a multi-faceted view of Asheville and Buncombe County. Through discussions with community leaders in distinctive venues, newcomers and longtime residents alike can gain new perspectives and consider ways to contribute their diverse experiences and talents for the good of the community.
- OLLI at UNC Asheville organizes several unique Life Transitions programs for Asheville locals and newcomers including Exploring Continuing Care Retirement Communities and the Gift of Time. Two national programs, Paths to Creative Retirement and Creative Retirement Exploration Weekend, attract adults from around the country who are planning life’s second half.
- Fab Fridays lunch-and-learn lectures on a range of topics delight and inform OLLI members and guests.
- OLLI at UNC Asheville partners with many community organizations to bring informative and engaging programs to our members and community. Partnership programs include presentations by the Asheville Symphony Orchestra, the Astronomy Club of Asheville, Blue Ridge Audubon, Carolinas’ Nature Photographers Association, Council on Aging of Buncombe County, NC Stage, the Western North Carolina Historical Association, the World Affairs Council and more.