Your gateway to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville (OLLI) and events is annual membership. Most member benefits are included with your annual membership fee.
M+ = OLLI membership required for participation
M = OLLI membership optional for participation
$ = Tuition or other fee required
ID = University RockyCard required
- The College for Seniors, a lifelong learning program offering courses during four terms: fall, winter, spring and summer. We offer courses in-person, online and in hybrid (simultaneous in-person/online) formats. M+ $
- Special events and socials where learning and community-building can happen as you share in a musical presentation, attend a lecture or participate in other activities. M+
- Additional workshops and programs focused on specific topics are offered throughout the year, and may be open to members and non-members. M+ M $
- Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) are member-led groups that gather to pursue shared interests such as aging, art, beer/wine, games, gardening, hiking, investment, meditation, music, reading and more. M+
- The OLLI Observer is our weekly electronic newsletter listing upcoming events, news, and other items of interest. M
- OLLIChat, an optional email distribution list run by OLLI volunteers, allows members to exchange general information, or to ask for or to send recommendations or referrals. Once you are an OLLI member, email OLLIChatAVL@gmail.com to be added to the list to send and receive emails. M+
- Fab Friday lectures are a lunchtime speaker series featuring general interest and healthy aging topics, held during fall, winter and spring terms. M
- UNC Asheville RockyCard is a picture ID available to (but not required for) OLLI members. The RockyCard serves as a library card and is also required to obtain the Asheville Rides Transit Passport Sticker.
- The use of Ramsey Library includes public computers, borrowing books and other resources, and obtaining research assistance. M+ ID
- The use of the Karl Strauss Track. M+ ID
- A campus-parking discount helps OLLI members access not only the Reuter Center but also other facilities on campus. M+ $
- A free Asheville Rides Transit Passport sticker, the same benefit that UNC Asheville faculty and staff rely on to get around town. The sticker is available in the OLLI office. M+ ID
- Discounted meal plans for use at campus dining facilities, including Brown Dining Hall. M+ $
- Starting December 1, 2023, eligibility to purchase memberships for the UNC Asheville fitness center and other recreation facilities including cardio and weight fitness rooms, six-lane pool, indoor track, multipurpose and racquetball courts, locker rooms and access to group exercise classes. OLLI members can purchase spring, summer, fall or annual memberships. Fitness memberships are purchased directly from Campus Recreation, not through OLLI. M+ $ ID
Membership and Parking Fees 2023-2024
OLLI membership and campus-parking fees follow UNC Asheville’s academic year from August 1 to July 31. As an OLLI member, you may purchase a discounted decal whose fees are prorated throughout the year.
- Annual membership: $75 (prorated to $50 before the spring term and $25 before the summer term)
- Annual parking decal (first car in a household): $100 (prorated to $75 before the winter term, $50 before the spring term and $25 before the summer term)
- Annual additional parking decal (second car in a household): $40 (prorated to $30 before the winter term, $20 before the spring term and $10 before the summer term)
Contact the OLLI office at 828.251.6140 or email us for more information.
- Test PostHTML is the standard markup language for Web pages. With HTML you can create your own Website. HTML is easy to learn – You will […]
- Life Transitions at OLLIOLLI at UNC Asheville offers robust programming related to big changes during life’s later years. Perhaps you moved to Asheville after attending one of OLLI […]