Your gateway to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville (OLLI) and events is annual membership. Most member benefits are included with your annual membership fee.
M+ = OLLI membership required for participation
M = OLLI membership optional for participation
$ = Tuition or other fee required
ID = University OneCard required
- College for Seniors, a lifelong learning program offering courses during four terms: fall, winter, spring and summer. We offer courses in-person, online and in hybrid (simultaneous in-person/online) formats. M+ $
- Special events and socials where learning and community-building can happen as you share in a musical presentation, attend a lecture or participate in other activities. M+
- Additional workshops and programs focused on specific topics are offered throughout the year, and may be open to members and non-members. M+ M $
- Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) are member-led groups that gather to pursue shared interests such as aging, art, beer/wine, games, gardening, hiking, investment, meditation, music, reading and more. M+
- The OLLI Observer is our weekly electronic newsletter listing upcoming events, news, and other items of interest. M
- OLLIChat, an optional email distribution list run by OLLI volunteers, allows members to exchange general information, or to ask for or to send recommendations or referrals. M+
- Fab Friday lectures are a lunchtime speaker series held during fall, winter and spring terms. M
- Health Education Series lectures, part of the Fab Friday series, highlight speakers who focus on health-related topics. M
- The use of Ramsey Library includes public computers, borrowing books and other resources, and obtaining research assistance. M+ ID
- A campus-parking discount helps OLLI members access not only the Reuter Center but also other facilities on campus. M+ $
- A free Asheville Rides Transit pass, the same benefit that UNC Asheville faculty and staff rely on to get around town. M+ ID
- Discounted meal plans for use at campus dining facilities, including Brown Dining Hall. M+ $
Membership and Parking Fees 2022-2023
OLLI membership and campus-parking fees follow UNC Asheville’s academic year from August 1 to July 31. As an OLLI member, you may purchase a discounted decal whose fees are prorated throughout the year.
- Annual membership: $75 (prorated to $50 before the spring term and $25 before the summer term)
- Annual parking decal (1st car in a household): $100 (prorated to $75 before the winter term, $50 before the spring term and $25 before the summer term)
- Annual additional parking decal (2nd car in a household): $40 (prorated to $30 before the winter term, $20 before the spring term and $10 before the summer term)
Contact the OLLI office at 828.251.6140 or email us for more information.