The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville is a vital and vibrant part of our members’ lives and the Western North Carolina community. Your support helps us continue to inspire a community of learners who are dedicated to thriving in life’s second half and giving back to the community. As a donor to OLLI, you make members’ dreams possible, and strengthen our university and our community. Your gift can take many different forms. No matter how big or small, every gift truly matters. We hope you will explore all of the wonderful ways you can have an impact on the university and our community.
Why Give to OLLI?
To honor the instructors and volunteers who make creative retirement possible.
- Our members teach classes, plan events, and advise on decisions that make our programs so enriching. Your gift honors and supports them.
- Our instructors share their passions and make it possible for all of us to try new things and to experience the joy of learning for the love of it. Your gifts can provide the support for technology and improvements to the building that help instructors and members alike focus on sharing big ideas in a unique learning environment.
To maintain and improve the Reuter Center, OLLI members’ home away from home.
- Members of the NC Center for Creative Retirement (now OLLI) carried out a campaign and made contributions that led to the creation of the Reuter Center, an exemplary facility on the UNC Asheville campus. We are one of the few lifelong learning programs in the country that has a facility solely dedicated to its use. The Reuter Center is a place that creates a stimulating environment for classes and events but also a comfortable setting for conversation and building friendships. Your gifts allow us to continue to make the best use of space by funding improvements like solar shades, assistive hearing technology and smart technology in our classrooms. Contributions also make it possible for us to purchase equipment and software to make the most of remote teaching and learning.
To continue a tradition of excellence and innovation.
- OLLI programs have been noted for innovation and excellence. In a time of increasingly tight budgets, your gifts allow us to continue to develop new programs and stay at the forefront of national trends for planning for retirement and to make the most of the possibilities for lifelong learning in a facility that meets the changing needs of our membership.
To make it possible for a wide range of people to enjoy the classes that contribute to successful aging.
- OLLI programs offer a great value, but not everyone can afford them. As we seek to be a more inclusive organization, it is important to offer support to participants who may not otherwise be able to participate in our programs.
There are many creative ways to support OLLI through which you, your loved ones and the University all benefit. Such giving techniques are called “planned gifts,” because with thoughtful planning you create win-win solutions for you and OLLI.