Are you ready to become part of our lifelong learning community? Here’s a starter toolkit:
- Create an online account. Visit the OLLI online registration site to create an account to purchase annual membership/parking and to register for College for Seniors courses and other programs. There is no fee to create an account.
- Become a member. Read about annual membership and fees, then visit the OLLI online registration site to join.
- Get your RockyCard to identify you as an OLLI member and to tap into other benefits. Visit the RockyCard office in Governors Hall Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to get your RockyCard. The RockyCard is necessary only if you want to use the library, get a bus pass or be eligible for discounts on campus or at local businesses, or use the Karl Strauss Track. There is no fee for the initial card, but if you already have a UNC Asheville photo ID there is a $25 replacement fee for a replacement card.
- Purchase a parking decal. UNC Asheville requires everyone who parks on campus between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to register for a permit. As a frequent visitor, you will need to display a decal on your car at all times. Read about annual membership and fees, then visit the OLLI online registration site to purchase a decal through your OLLI account (not Campus Transportation) and receive a discount off the regular campus parking fee. Please be aware that obtaining a parking decal is a three-step process. If you get frustrated with any part of the system, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 828.251.6140, and we can help.
- Sign up for the OLLI Observer to have our weekly enewsletter delivered to your inbox. We will add your name automatically when you become a member, but you may unsubscribe at any time. We do not share or sell our email lists.
- Login to your OLLI account to opt in to text messaging to receive emergency notifications related to weather or event schedule changes.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what’s going on each week and to get previews of upcoming events.
- Visit our Calendar page to find a link to our current catalog and for information about upcoming events, lectures, partner programs and more.
- Visit the UNC Asheville calendar for information about University events that are open to OLLI members and the general public.
- Send an email to OLLIChatAVL@gmail.com to sign up for OLLIChat a group where you can share information with other OLLI members on topics of interest.
Engagement and Networking
- Browse our programs to learn about the College for Seniors, Leadership Asheville Seniors, Life Transitions programs and more.
- Explore volunteer opportunities. OLLI is always in need of volunteers to serve on advisory committees, to assist instructors as class representatives or Zoom assistants, to help fellow members with registration and more. This is a great way to get connected and to make new friends. We also connect OLLI members to community volunteer opportunities.
- Find out more about OLLI’s committees and governance structure and volunteer to join an OLLI committee. We value input from our experienced membership. Committee members give direct input into OLLI programming and plan for the future.
- Donate. OLLI welcomes donations to help us enhance the membership experience and further our mission.
Tools and Resources
- View a campus map to find your way to the Reuter Center (OLLI at UNC Asheville’s dedicated building) and other University facilities. The Reuter Center GPS address is 300 Campus View Road, Asheville, NC 28804). If you type “parking” in the map’s search bar you can find parking lots on campus. With your campus parking decal, park in any lot designated as for “All Permits” or “Non-Resident Student.”
- Ride public transit at no cost. Your OLLI membership entitles you to use Asheville Rides Transit at no cost. Come to the OLLI office on the upper level of the Reuter Center to obtain a Passport sticker for your RockyCard or OneCard.
- Visit Ramsey Library. Your membership gives you specific privileges at Ramsey Library.
- Read our liability and release waiver and photography release and waiver, which apply to all OLLI courses, programs and events.
Contact our office by calling 828.251.6140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff is always happy to help with questions!
- Test PostHTML is the standard markup language for Web pages. With HTML you can create your own Website. HTML is easy to learn – You will […]
- Life Transitions at OLLIOLLI at UNC Asheville offers robust programming related to big changes during life’s later years. Perhaps you moved to Asheville after attending one of OLLI […]