Are you ready to become part of our lifelong learning community? Here’s a starter toolkit:
- Create an online account. Visit the OLLI online registration site to create an account to purchase annual membership/parking and to register for College for Seniors courses and other programs. There is no fee to create an account.
- Become a member. Read about annual membership and fees, then visit the OLLI online registration site to join.
- Get your University OneCard to identify you as an OLLI member and to tap into other benefits, such as discounts at University events and local businesses, use of Ramsey Library and a free Asheville Rides Transit pass. Visit the OneCard office in Highsmith Union 120 to get your OneCard. There is no fee for the initial card, but there is a $25 replacement fee for lost cards.
- Purchase a parking decal. UNC Asheville requires everyone who parks on campus to register for a decal. As a frequent visitor, you will need to display a decal on your car at all times. Read about annual membership and fees, then visit the OLLI online registration site to purchase a decal through your OLLI account (not Campus Transportation) and receive a discount off the regular campus parking fee.
- Sign up for the OLLI Observer to have our weekly enewsletter delivered to your inbox. We do not share or sell our email lists.
- Login to your OLLI account to opt in to text messaging to receive emergency notifications related to weather or event schedule changes.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what’s going on each week and to get previews of upcoming events.
- Visit our Calendar page for information about upcoming events, lectures, partner programs and more.
- Visit the UNC Asheville calendar for information about University events that are open to OLLI members and the general public.
- Sign up for OLLIChat to converse with other OLLI members on topics of interest.
Engagement and Networking
- Browse our programs to learn about the College for Seniors, Leadership Asheville Seniors, Life Transitions programs and more.
- Explore volunteer opportunities. OLLI is always in need of volunteers to serve on advisory committees, to assist instructors as class representatives or Zoom assistants, to help fellow members with registration and more. This is a great way to get connected and to make new friends. We also connect OLLI members to community volunteer opportunities.
- Join a committee. We value input from our experienced membership. Committee members give direct input into OLLI programming and plan for the future.
- Donate. OLLI welcomes donations to help us enhance the membership experience and further our mission.
Tools and Resources
- View a campus map to find your way to the Reuter Center (OLLI at UNC Asheville’s dedicated building) and other University places. With your campus parking decal, park in any lot designated as for “All Permits” or “Non-Resident Student.”
- Use University shuttles. If you are parked away from your campus destination, ride the purple shuttle to the Reuter Center or other University places.
- Get free public transit. Your OLLI membership entitles you to use Asheville Rides Transit at no cost. Visit University Police at Weizenblatt Hall to obtain a Passport sticker for your OneCard.
- Visit Ramsey Library. Your membership gives you library privileges on campus.
- Read our liability and release waiver and photography release and waiver, which apply to all OLLI courses, programs and events.
Contact our office by calling 828.251.6140 or email us. Our staff is always happy to help with questions!