Your gateway to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville (OLLI) and events is annual membership. A fee of $25 covers the period of August 1 to July 31. Visit the OLLI online registration page to sign up for membership. Please note that during COVID-19, many membership benefits have changed because OLLI is operating only remote programs via Zoom.
- Access to College for Seniors, a lifelong learning program offering courses during four terms – Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer. During the pandemic, we will be offering all courses online.
- Special Events & Socials: Learning and community-building can happen as you share in a musical presentation, attend a lecture or participate in other activities. The Hospitality Committee plans membership events and socials for all members to become better acquainted. While we will not be gathering in person during the pandemic, we will be enjoying online gatherings where you can see friends, listen to music, and enjoy some of the benefits of being part of our community of teachers and learners.
- Fab Friday Lectures are a lunchtime speaker series which are held during Fall, Winter and Spring terms. While we will not be meeting weekly this fall, we do have some great programs planned. Check the Events section of the website for the list of Fab Friday lectures for the current term.
- Health Education Series Lectures, part of the Fab Friday lectures, highlight speakers who focus on health-related topics. Medical professionals discuss topics to promote health and wellness for people in life’s second half.
- Special Interest Groups: The Special Interest Groups or SIGs are member-led groups who gather to pursue shared interests. Anyone who is a member of OLLI may participate at no additional cost. Please be aware that groups are not meeting at the Reuter Center while we are operating remotely, but many groups continue to connect through Zoom meetings. Contact the leader of SIGs that interest you to see how each group is managing our time apart.
- OLLI Observer Email Newsletter: Our weekly electronic newsletter OLLI Observer lists upcoming events and other interesting developments at OLLI and in the community that are of particular interest to OLLI members.
- Health and Fitness Center Membership: In order to maintain appropriate distance in recreation facilities, our Campus Recreation facilities are closed to OLLI members during the pandemic. We look forward to being able to offer Health and Fitness Center Memberships again soon
- Campus Parking: Parking decals are required for all parking lots on the UNC Asheville campus, including areas adjacent to the Reuter Center. Parking decals should be displayed on the rear window of your car. The parking decal allows the user to park on campus; follow the designated signs at each parking lot. OLLI members may park in non-resident parking lots – – non-resident parking lots include: P1, P2, P8, P9 (top level only), P10, P11, P12, P21, P22, P26, P28, & P31. OLLI members may park in Faculty/Staff lots from 5 p.m. – 7 a.m. Monday through Friday, on weekends and UNC Asheville recognized holidays. Please contact the OLLI office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a parking permit during this time when OLLI is not meeting face-to-face.
- OLLIChat: OLLIChat is an optional email distribution list run by OLLI volunteers and available to OLLI members only. This is the place to exchange general information or ask for and send recommendations or referrals. For more information, Please email OLLIChatAVL@gmail.com, and a volunteer will reply and send you an invitation.
- OneCards are the official UNC Asheville photo ID cards. Once you become an OLLI member, you may obtain your OneCard on the ground floor of Highsmith Union, Room 120. The process takes only a few minutes. Please note that you do not need to obtain a OneCard to participate in OLLI programs. Questions? Call the OneCard office at 828.251.6767 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Also note that there is a replacement fee of $25 for all lost OneCards. With a OneCard you may receive UNC Asheville discounts at local businesses and at university special events. If you obtain an annual Passport sticker for your OneCard through UNC Asheville Police, you may ride Asheville Transit at no cost.
- Library Use: During the pandemic, OLLI members may request books and other circulating materials for curbside pick-up on Saturdays. The OneCard serves as a library card. Visit the Ramsey Library website to find out more about services available to OLLI members.
- Wireless (WiFi): When the Reuter Center is open, and if your laptop or PDA is set up for wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi), you can use it with the OLLI wireless network within the Reuter Center. The current password will be posted in the office and in individual classrooms.
- Reuter Center Singers: The Reuter Center Singers serve as goodwill ambassadors at a variety of venues in Asheville and surrounding communities. There is a fee for participation in the group. Unfortunately, the group is not able to meet at this time because of the risks posed by gathering and singing during the pandemic.